New years are all about fresh starts and new beginnings, whether that applies to our diets, our minds, our hearts or our wardrobes. In this case, I’d like to think a fresh new handbag applies to the old adage, “New Year, New You”. A handbag is, after all, an extension of the female body in all its junk-loading beauty.
Having said that, I have never been one to splash out on a new Mulberry handbag, or even ask for one for any celebratory holiday. Unless I won a new Del Rey in a competition, or I suddenly found £1,000,000 lying in my bank account, I’m not in the financial position to warrant pulling a hefty Mulberry price tag off the Del Rey. I’d like to think that one day I will have my very own It-Bag, but for now, I’m perfectly content with the more attainable luxuries of Topshop and UO.
Here are the handbags that I’m currently coveting:
1. First up is the Topshop Geo Studded Holdall (£40). Still lusting after studs and geometric patterns, this bag would be perfect for everyday, busy-bodying get-ups. Zoella has the black one, FYI, but the beige was a bit more of a hit for my eyes.
2. Next is the delectable Prada Saffiano Tote. I first spotted this after Kate of gh0stparties received it for her birthday, and it hasn’t really left the sartorial part of my brain since. Structured, classic and beautifully compartmentalised, the Saffiano is the handbag of dreams.
3. Another signature bag that lives way beyond my world is the Mulberry Del Rey (£895). Named after mine and the fash-pack’s favourite hipster songstress, the Del Rey is a retro beacon of a bag – elegant, timeless and an ode to bygone glamour. My wasted heart will go on.
4. Next up is the Deena & Ozzy Studded Leather Box Bag (£45). I must admit that bags with structure like this are my absolute favourite. Gone are the days of slouchy, hobo-heavy, shapeless bags that idly carry your belongings. Featuring silver tone studs, a boxy frame and an exposed zip, this bag would be the perfect finishing touch to any outfit.
5. Finally, the All Saints Jackson Tote Bag (£195). I chose this for the hitlist solely because of its similarity to the lovely Miranda Kerr’s Alexander Wang ‘Prisma’ tote. Totes look so sophisticated when they’re as structured and leathery like this one, and I love the leopard print detailing.
*This post contains a sponsored link.This entry was posted in Style. Bookmark the permalink. ← Romeo Tracks of 2012 The Romeo Reading List →