HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2015 has arrived, and 365 blank days lie ahead, waiting to be lived and remembered. While that thought fills me with equal measures of pressure and relief, I know that making a few resolutions are sure to help pepper the days ahead with laughter, love, peace, music, magic and all of the good stuff.
Quite often, resolutions can quickly turn into unenjoyable obligations, so if you’re yet to make any, my tip is to go for two or three resolutions that are achievable, realistic and that will make you feel the best you possibly can!
Here are the 6 that I want to stick to this year…
1. BLOG, BLOG, BLOG - whilst I’ve been working away at this blog for the last 6 or so years, it’s only been in the last half of 2014 that I felt like my pace and my outlook on blogging has truly shifted. For me, blogging has moved from, “this is a hobby that I’ll pick up whenever I feel like it”, to “get your head down and go for it”.
There has been a palpable change this year that I think everyone has felt - blogging as a career is no longer sneered at, it’s admired and it’s the way that things are headed. I’m always happiest and feeling at my most creative when I’m producing blog posts - everything from the photos to the content are such a pleasure for me that I only want things to get bigger, better and brighter in 2015.
2. LET THINGS GO - if there’s one thing I’m really, really good at, it’s self-criticism. I’m forever checking in with myself on everything - from the quality of my writing, to my eating habits, to the way I live my everyday life. If I’m reaching into the cookie jar more than three times in one sitting, I’m scolding myself for it. 2015 is the time to let go of all the benign worries and concerns. I’m going to eat those cookies and enjoy life.
3. IT’S ALL ABOUT THE ADVENTURES - last year, I did a little bit of travelling, but not as much as I wanted - trips to and from London, a venture down to Cornwall, the beautiful island of Kos in Greece, but I’m hoping for some more stamps in the passport this year. There are so many beautiful places that I would just love to visit - Bali, Rome, and much more of Greece. Mykonos is already on the cards, but I’d love to explore some of what Europe has to offer this year too. The US remains on my bucket list - one day!
4. BE MORE HONEST - being honest makes me feel so much better afterwards; I always feel like a weight’s been lifted off my shoulders. As a result, I’m planning out a series of “honest” posts on my blog in 2015. I hope the posts will help some of you too.
5. THE YEAR FOR YOGA - I discovered hot yoga last year, and I just fell in love with it. Having already tried Pilates for six months previously, I knew that I would love yoga just as much, if not more. I feel like yoga is the perfect exercise for me, not only for my body but for my mind, so I’ll be practicing a lot more in 2015.
6. MUCH MORE MUSIC - a couple of years ago, I made a resolution to go to a gig at least once a month, and I loved it. This year, I’m hoping to see so much more. Let the gig planning commence!
What are your resolutions for the year? I’m nosey and I want to know!