Slowly, I’ve been building a wardrobe wishlist in my mind. My favourite bloggers can be blamed for the length of it by now - culottes worn beautifully by Lucy Williams, a dungaree-playsuit worn over a long-sleeved top by Clare Harrison, and a fur clutch by ASOS stylist (my favourite, FYI) Megan Ellaby. Whilst I know that I am a “basics” kinda girl, bloggers have been getting me back into the swing of trends, and into fashion again. Nothing was screaming out to me for quite some time (so unlike me!), but I’m starting to feel hugely inspired again when I go thread-shopping.
With that, I’m going to add a few more staples to the foundation of my wardrobe, and then build with a few trend pieces here and there. In case you didn’t know, I’m very much a “safe” shopper, incredibly picky about which pieces are filtrated into my wardrobe. Staples are my saviour to make me feel comfortable and confident, so here are 8 that I’ve got my eye on to see me through 2015…
1. The Black Sweater - such a simple item to covet, but as I continue to be besotted with monochrome, I can’t seem to shake off a need for basic styles in black, white and grey. I love the extra detail on this one - a great year emblazoned on this number gives it a new lease of life. [Bella Freud 1970 Wool Sweater]
2. The Lace Top - I’m partial to anything with lace, but I’m picky about the type of lace. This lace top by Rag & Bone just beckoned to me, and I think it’d look stunning in spring with a pair of high waisted flares. [Rag & Bone White Nancy Lace Blouse]
3. The Fedora - I’m going to put all the blame on James Bay for this one. He’s not only influencing my Spotify playlists, he’s influencing my steeze. [Rag & Bone Wine Wool Fedora]
4. The Ripped Skinnies - jeans are an obvious mainstay in any wardrobe, but I’m yet to pick up a ripped-up pair. I think they’re a trend that will live a little while longer. [Frame Denim Black Ripped Jeans]
5. The Mirrored Shades - aside from scarves, sunglasses are my favourite accessory. A mirrored pair will inevitably be one of my favourite purchases of the year ahead, I can feel it. [Illesteva Mirrored Sunglasses]
6. The Bomber Jacket - it’s mostly the stripes that are drawing me into this number, but I have been dressing myself up in bombers in my favourite high street stores’ dressing rooms for weeks on end now. It might be time to take the plunge. [Petit Bateau Stripe Bomber Jacket ]
7. The Chain Bag - chain bags have been arousing my curiosity ever since the Chanel 2.55 happened. They seem to be the perfect in-between when the clutch is too small and impractical, and the doctor’s bag is too hefty to lug everywhere. I’m wide-eyed and wanting. [3.1 Phillip Lim Nude Leather Chain Bag]
8. The Black Turban - hair accessories have been a struggle for me ever since I reached my teens. Pre-secondary school, I could rock everything from the simple hairband to the butterfly clips strewn every which way, to the bandana worn right over the top of the head. Now, I just can’t seem to find one that suits me. But ever since Amy Bell of The Little Magpie debuted her F21 piece, I think this one might just be my saviour. [Jennifer Behr Black Silk Jersey Bandeaux Headband]
Other unmentionables on the wishlist that I’ll mention here for my own reference: dungarees done right, a caged bralette, a silk shirt, a pair of “mom” jeans (for some adventure), low Dr Marten’s, and turtlenecks aplenty.
What’s on your wishlist?
Sponsored post in collaboration with Avenue 32. For my full disclaimer, click here.